Well, May has come and gone, which is sadly to say that I missed the regular deadline for Indiecade. In my young naive eyes however, hope springs eternal; the late entry deadline extends to the end of June, so I’m not out for the count. Plans haven’t really changed, they’ve just gotten a bit…bumpy.
There is, I have to admit, still quite a lot of work left to be done, and I fell quite short of my optimistic estimates. But the deadline did keep me honest, and I managed to accomplish a lot. The character art is coming around the home stretch, the tilesets for mapping the game environment are done, I’ve cut into the writing, the AI pathfinding/movement has been smoothed out…and I’ve finished implementing another important aspect to the game that I haven’t really talked about yet. It’s a bit hard to describe in short, but it was a major goal that I’m happy to have behind me.
There’s a lot more to say and quite a bit to show, but for now I’ll end by just laying out some tile art, which is used to generate the rooms in the game. It’s not the flashiest kind of art asset to show off by itself, so I’m just dumping a lot of it at once to make up for that. The image isn’t exhaustive, that is to say there are a couple tilesets not shown that will be in the game, but this is more than enough to get the idea across!